Monday, July 27, 2009

Bit.ly powerfull tracking system


I have been using tinyurl and bit.ly for sometime. The idea is to shorten long URL to a few letters and save space for more relevant information on Twitter/Facebook status updates. What I realized recently is both URL shortener had a tracking capability. By logging into bit.ly homepage, I realized that each shortened link has a comprehensive set of stats including:number of clicks, sources (email, facebook, twitter), region (US, UK , France etc ..) and historical perfomance.


I came to realize I did not set-up my google analytics correctly on the blog. There is clearly a discrepancy between traffic from shortened link to what I see in my google analytics dashboard. Thank you Bit.ly.


Another coll feature is the ability to go straight to bit.ly, create shortened link and post it directly to Twitter/Facebook without having to log-in to Twitter or Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment